Thoughts that written by ordinary woman who has been through lots in her life. There are the ups, the downs and the hurdles, but I manage. Through all that, I just lay my life to God. For the fun parts, I love dancing ( hip hop, street and LA style ), books, movies, eating, food, and just sleep!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Being Single And...


On the way back to home from work yesterday, I met an old colleague whom I haven't seen for probably two years. After finished kissing both each other's cheeks, asked how are you stuffs then came up this question :

"Are you married?"

I paused...then with big grin I said "Nope.." She showed funny facial expression and telling me about some our friends have married. Blahh...blaaahh....*felt want to close my ears*

Thank God, it didn't take a long time to hear more stories about marriages. At home, the memory of that conversation hadn't faded then during my quite moment, I made the positives and negatives being single.

Let me start from the positves first :
  • Being single is free to make own decision, without worrying your partner's feeling

  • More time to do any hobbies or fun things

  • No heartbreak

  • Basically all the freedom you need in the world

And the negatives....

  • Always hate to hear or answer the question above

  • No partner if I want to go to the wedding

  • and I dont know what else...

Well, I'm not a hypocrite, I'm still waiting for my significant other. But in mean time, just enjoy ( or sometimes dwelling ) for being single.

No comments: